What is Reverse Engineering?
Reverse engineering is a process that involves measuring a physical object and reconstructing it as a 3D model to recover the design intent—a perfect reconstruction of the original design—in terms of simple analytical surfaces (planes, cylinders, etc.) and freeform surfaces (NURBS) to produce a new reference CAD model.
Why 3D Scanning?
- High level of detail: With high resolution for intricate details and full-color support, ARY’s scan quality is impeccable for modeling freeform surfaces and showing the smallest features.
- Versatility: With ARY’s advanced laser and optical technologies and limitless scanning volumes, our team can measure any part, regardless of size, shape, material, surface finish, and complexity.
- Simplicity: We arrive on-site, scan the part, and provide you with a deliverable in the format of your choice.
- Speed: Unlike a point cloud, the generated mesh is already lightened and processed by our internal team, ready to be integrated seamlessly into your preferred reverse engineering, CAD, or 3D printing software.
Interested in a high-quality, rapid-service drafting partner? Contact us today!
- 0.04 mm
- Volumetric Accuracy
- 0.04+0.06 mm/m
- Measurement Rate
- 1,200,000 points/s, 20FPS
- Integrated Photogrammetry and Texture Scanning
- Output formats
- OBJ, STL, ASC, PLY, P3, 3MF, and many more!
- Reverse engineering – developing replacement custom parts
- Quality control – incoming parts inspection
- Tooling design
- Prototyping and 3D printing